I am excited to be returning to ECS for a second year, teaching middle school mathematics and STREAM Elective (Science, Technology, Religion, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics). I attended 10 years of Catholic schools myself in St. Petersburg, Florida, and feel that it was the most important experience of my young life. I studied Civil & Environmental Engineering at Stanford University, and worked in that field for over 10 years. I have worked and taught in the Sarasota & Manatee County public schools prior to coming to Epiphany Cathedral School (ECS), as well as working in Children’s & Family Ministry at Church of the Palms Presbyterian in Sarasota, my home church. I am certified in middle school math, and soon to be in science as well. My family includes my husband of 20 years, Eric, and three daughters, Paige, Sheelagh, and Amy.
My current favorite Bible verse is Hebrews 11:1 "Faith is the realization of what is hoped for and evidence of things not seen." This reminds me that my faith in God will lead me to doing and having good in my life, and that I should pray for alignment of my hopes with God's plan for my life. I keep this verse central to my daily work and life.
6th through 8th Grade Math Course Expectations:
• Students will be Ready, Respectful, Responsible, and Engaged in the classroom, and will abide by the ECS Code of Conduct and Rules & Expectations.
• Homework is assigned nightly, is given a completion grade, and is due the next school day. If a student is spending more than 45 uninterrupted minutes on one night's homework, please notify me.
• A math project is assigned each quarter.
• Students are to keep all notes and homework in a composition book and binder, respectively. These will be checked each Friday.
• Quizzes and tests are given periodically throughout each quarter.
Math Course Materials:
• Students should come to class each day with a pencil (not pen), composition book, 1" binder, completed homework, and fully charged iPad.
• Sometimes we will be working out of online textbooks and using adaptive math practice applications on the iPads, for both classwork and homework.
• I am always in need of and welcome donations of black chisel tip Expo dry erase markers and graph paper.
STREAM Elective - more information about this developing course will be forthcoming! Students who take this course will be working with me and other students to design their own projects.
Thank you, it is a joy to teach your students.